ADVERTISEMENT

Omicron variant responsible for 87% of new COVID infections

Science

Image by Shutterstock.com

The Omicron variant of the coronavirus is responsible for 87% of new infections in Hungary with the Delta variant responsible for the remaining 13%, the chief medical officer said in a video on the government's Facebook page.

The infectivity of the Omicron variant is extreme, and even vaccinated people can be infected, but vaccination can significantly alleviate the course of the disease, Dr. Cecília Müller said on Wednesday.

People who have not yet been vaccinated are the ones most at risk, as any vaccination against the coronavirus increases protection and the body's immune response, she said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Business chamber's biannual business confidence index falls Analysis

Business chamber's biannual business confidence index falls

Parl't elects Orbán prime minister Parliament

Parl't elects Orbán prime minister

New managing director at LG Electronics Hungary Appointments

New managing director at LG Electronics Hungary

Hungary Grande Partenza 'exceeded all expectations' - gov't ... City

Hungary Grande Partenza 'exceeded all expectations' - gov't ...

SUPPORT THE BUDAPEST BUSINESS JOURNAL

Producing journalism that is worthy of the name is a costly business. For 27 years, the publishers, editors and reporters of the Budapest Business Journal have striven to bring you business news that works, information that you can trust, that is factual, accurate and presented without fear or favor.
Newspaper organizations across the globe have struggled to find a business model that allows them to continue to excel, without compromising their ability to perform. Most recently, some have experimented with the idea of involving their most important stakeholders, their readers.
We would like to offer that same opportunity to our readers. We would like to invite you to help us deliver the quality business journalism you require. Hit our Support the BBJ button and you can choose the how much and how often you send us your contributions.