V4 ESG conference to be held on April 27
The first V4 ESG conference will be held on April 27, featuring a number of international experts sharing their own experiences with (environmental, social, and governance) strategies.
Over the past decade, a trend has been set in motion that has radically changed the way investors make decisions. In the U.S. stock market, one in every three dollars is managed according to sustainable strategies, and this trend is also rapidly approaching the Central European region, the event's organizers note, adding that in Western societies, companies with ESG portfolios are already performing much better. This has brought the first V4 ESG conference into existence, enabling international and regional experts to share their experiences.
The event will be hosted by the Hungarian Business Leaders Forum (HBLF), with Robin Marshall, editor-in-chief of the Budapest Business Journal acting as master of ceremonies.
After the ESG-related presentations by the invited experts, each round table discussion will be attended by a prominent expert from each of the four countries, in order to allow the region to jointly develop towards sustainable investments by listening to each other's experiences.
Inspiring stories and practical examples will be presented by world-renowned experts, including names such as:
- Zsolt Jamniczky, chairman of HBLF and member of the board of directors at E.ON Hungária Zrt.
- Remy Briand, managing director, head of ESG, member of MSCI’s executive committee
- Jason Channell, managing director, head of sustainable finance, Citi Global Insights
- David Radermacher, vice president sustainability & climate, at E.ON SE
- Mirjam Staub-Bisang, managing director, head of BlackRock Switzerland
- Alastair Teare, risk advisory business leader at Deloitte Central Europe
- Oliver Marchand, global head of ESG research & models at the Climate Risk Center, MSCI Inc.
- Clark Anderson, managing director, firm risk head of country risk and climate risk management, Morgan Stanley New York
- Laura Segafredo, PhD, global head of sustainable research, BlackRock ETF and Index Investments
- Kevin A. Murray, managing director for Citi’s Central Europe Cluster
- Ákos Janza, managing director – global head of offices, head of the Budapest office, MSCI, member of the HBLF board of directors
The final schedule is available on the V4 ESG Conference website, where registration is also open for those interested.
SUPPORT THE BUDAPEST BUSINESS JOURNAL
Producing journalism that is worthy of the name is a costly business. For 27 years, the publishers, editors and reporters of the Budapest Business Journal have striven to bring you business news that works, information that you can trust, that is factual, accurate and presented without fear or favor.
Newspaper organizations across the globe have struggled to find a business model that allows them to continue to excel, without compromising their ability to perform. Most recently, some have experimented with the idea of involving their most important stakeholders, their readers.
We would like to offer that same opportunity to our readers. We would like to invite you to help us deliver the quality business journalism you require. Hit our Support the BBJ button and you can choose the how much and how often you send us your contributions.