Postponing return of face masks “fatal error”, says Czech minister
Photo by Alexandros Michailidis / Shutterstock.com
Czech minister of the interior, Jan Hamáček, says that it was a “fatal error” to postpone the reintroduction of compulsory face masks, according to Czech Radio.
Czech Interior Minister Jan Hamáček at a Justice and Home Affairs Council meeting of the European Union on March 7, 2019 in Brussels, Belgium. Photo by Alexandros Michailidis / Shutterstock.com
Writing in Saturday’s edition of Czech daily newspaper Právo, Hamáček said he had been skeptical about the earlier loosening of restrictions.
The minister said the numbers of known COVID-19 cases were so frightening that it was now to time to put an end to mass events.
Hamáček said that the government’s plan was to keep the number infected beneath 120,000 at all costs. At present the number of active cases is just over 21,000, Czech Radio noted.
SUPPORT THE BUDAPEST BUSINESS JOURNAL
Newspaper organizations across the globe have struggled to find a business model that allows them to continue to excel, without compromising their ability to perform. Most recently, some have experimented with the idea of involving their most important stakeholders, their readers.
We would like to offer that same opportunity to our readers. We would like to invite you to help us deliver the quality business journalism you require. Hit our Support the BBJ button and you can choose the how much and how often you send us your contributions.