Lázár: Government initiated EC investigation over Paks II
The Hungarian government asked the European Commission to investigate suspicion of unlawful use of state subsidies in relation to the expansion of Hungary’s sole nuclear power plant Paks, Cabinet Chief János Lázár reportedly told journalists today during his weekly regular press conference.
Online news portal origo.hu reported that Lázár said he hopes that the European Commission will make an “unbiased decision”, even if there are “opposition MPs in Hungary who would be happy if the investment never took place, thus new jobs would not be created.
It was reported earlier that the investigation was launched on May 22 of this year and the Hungarian government has been informed about the action.
SUPPORT THE BUDAPEST BUSINESS JOURNAL
Newspaper organizations across the globe have struggled to find a business model that allows them to continue to excel, without compromising their ability to perform. Most recently, some have experimented with the idea of involving their most important stakeholders, their readers.
We would like to offer that same opportunity to our readers. We would like to invite you to help us deliver the quality business journalism you require. Hit our Support the BBJ button and you can choose the how much and how often you send us your contributions.