Fornetti COO picked to head Franchise Association

Parliament

Gyula Vidács, chief operating officer and managing director of bakery company Fornetti, has been picked to head the Hungarian Franchise Association, Fornetti said today.   

Vidács said he aims to strengthen the role of the association among its international peers, as well as representing the interests of its members, according to a report by business news site napi.hu.

"I am delighted that we can take on a more active role in the  Hungarian Franchise Association, where we can share our experiences in network development and foreign expansion, thus helping the members of the association," Vidács was cited as saying.

Fornetti, established in 1997, is one of Central and Eastern Europeʼs biggest makers and sellers of frozen bakery products. The company employs more than 850 people at its two bakeries in Hungary and almost 500 more abroad. The company has been a member of the Zurich-based Aryzta group since 2015.

The Hungarian Franchise Association was established in May 1991, according to the organizationʼs website, adding that the Hungarian franchise community consists of approximately 250 companies. The number of franchisees is approximately 20,000 in Hungary, employing some 100,000 people in the sector including suppliers.

The association notes that 70% of franchise systems are based on Hungarian ideas and owned by Hungarian companies, while the remaining 30% are international licenses coordinated by either subsidiaries of international companies or Hungarian firms owned by Hungarian master licensees.

Some 20% of all franchise companies in Hungary are members of the Hungarian Franchise Association. The association is a member of the European Franchise Federation and the World Franchise Council.

ADVERTISEMENT

Varga puts 2021 GDP growth at 7-7.5% Analysis

Varga puts 2021 GDP growth at 7-7.5%

Opposition parties to begin PM candidate primaries Elections

Opposition parties to begin PM candidate primaries

New managing director at the helm of Wolt Hungary Appointments

New managing director at the helm of Wolt Hungary

Budapest bike-sharing scheme boasts record ridership City

Budapest bike-sharing scheme boasts record ridership

SUPPORT THE BUDAPEST BUSINESS JOURNAL

Producing journalism that is worthy of the name is a costly business. For 27 years, the publishers, editors and reporters of the Budapest Business Journal have striven to bring you business news that works, information that you can trust, that is factual, accurate and presented without fear or favor.
Newspaper organizations across the globe have struggled to find a business model that allows them to continue to excel, without compromising their ability to perform. Most recently, some have experimented with the idea of involving their most important stakeholders, their readers.
We would like to offer that same opportunity to our readers. We would like to invite you to help us deliver the quality business journalism you require. Hit our Support the BBJ button and you can choose the how much and how often you send us your contributions.