Are you sure?

Gov't considers selling M5 motorway

The government is soon to make a decision whether to sell its 40% share in the highway company Alföld Koncessziós Autópálya (AKA) Zrt or to buy the other privately owned 60% share from AKA and then sell the entire highway company as a whole.

The government is soon to make a decision whether to sell its 40% share in the highway company Alföld Koncessziós Autópálya Zrt (AKA) or to buy the other privately owned 60% share from AKA and then sell the entire highway company as a whole. Experts say that through selling the minority share the government would be able to see money quicker, in about 6 months, than through buying AKA out first then selling the entire company, which altogether might take up to a year. However, the entire highway company is much more marketable and could be sold at a much higher price than the fractional business share. The price of the 40% share is between Ft 20 and 30 billion, while that of the entire company is around Ft 150 billion. (H.A.M)