Are you sure?

Malév names János Winkler to serve as new chairman

The board of directors of state-owned Hungarian airline Malév on Thursday elected János Winkler, to serve as the airline's new chairman.

Winkler, who left as deputy CEO of Magyar Telekom at the end of April 2010, was elected onto Malév's board on July 23.

Malév's previous chairman, László Urbán, resigned on August 24, asserting that the position did not leave him with sufficient time to attend to his duties on the board of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD).

Malév shareholders elected Urbán to serve as chairman of the board on July 23 of this year.

The state of Hungary holds a 95% of Malév after the airline was renationalised in February 2010. The remaining 5% is held by former majority owner Airbridge, 49%-owned by Russia's state-owned Vnesheconombank. (MTI-ECONEWS)