Are you sure?

Budapest Stock Exchange spot market turnover falls sharply in June

Spot market turnover on the Budapest Stock Exchange came to HUF 275.3 billion in June, down 12.7% from the previous month, data compiled by the bourse show.

Share turnover fell 11.9% to HUF 261.7 billion during the period.

Spot market turnover was down 57% from the same month a year earlier. Share turnover dropped by about the same amount during the period.

The Budapest Stock Exchange's 55 issuers had total market capitalization of HUF 6,010.2 billion on June 30, 2011. The BSE's 18 A-category issuers accounted for 93.8% of total market capitalization on this date, while the bourse's 37 B-category issuers accounted for the remaining 6.2%.

Oil and gas company MOL accounted for the greatest share of total market capitalization among BSE issuers on June 30 at 36.5%, followed by OTP Bank at 27.8%, drugmaker Richter at 11.2% and Magyar Telekom at 10.2%.