Are you sure?

Malév to get HUF 4.5 bln capital injection - paper

Hungary's national asset management company MNV will propose on Friday to inject HUF 4.5 billion into troubled Hungarian national airline Malév, the daily Magyar Hírlap reported.

Malév has continued to struggle with severe liquidity problems even after the airline received a HUF 2.5 billion capital under a decision of a previous AGM held on April 1, the paper said.

Hungary owns 95% of Malév, while Russia's state-owned Vnesheconombank has the remaining 5%.

Weekly Heti Válasz earlier this month reported that HNA, the parent company of China's Hainan Airlines, may be prepared to buy a stake in Malév in a joint venture with the Hungarian state.

Premier Wen Jiabao of the People's Republic of China will be in Hungary for a two-day visit beginning on Friday.