ROP subsidizes Salgótarján bus station
Monday, July 25, 2005, 12:57
Construction works on Salgótarján's new bus station, with a planned capacity of 7 million travelers per year, can start in 2006, after contracts have been signed with the European Union subsidizing the Ft 320 million investment with Ft 288 million, daily Népszabadság reported. The bus station, located in the center of the city, has traffic of 20,000 passengers per day. Some 70 different domestic lines start and terminate at the station, most of them connecting to the 33 lines of the nearby railway station as well. Salgótarján council bears only 10% of the total costs of the investment. The remaining 90% is being funded by the Regional Operative Program, this year a total of Ft 103 billion.