New civil airport to be built in northwest Hungary
Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 14:42
Biggeorge's, a Hungarian property developer, will spend 15 billion Ft ($75 million) to turn an airbase in northwest Hungary into a civilian airport, news portal Index reported. Biggeorge's wants to construct a 2,300 meter-runway at the airbase in Székesfehérvár so it can host commercial flights by 2008 or 2009. The proposed airport is expected to handle one million discount airline passengers in its first year of operation. Once building permits are obtained, Biggeorge's will control 90 % of the airport and local governments the remaining 10%.