Hungary gas consumption up 6.7% in 2015

Energy Trade

pixabay

Gas consumption in Hungary rose 6.7% to 8.907 billion cubic meters last year, the Hungarian Energy and Utilities Regulatory Office (MEKH) and Hungarian gas delivery company FGSZ said today, according to state news agency MTI. Retail gas consumption grew 14% to 3.133 billion cubic meters.

MEKH noted that weather conditions heavily affect retail gas consumption: below a daily average temperature of 15.4ºC (59.7ºF), each one-degree drop raises daily consumption by 2.1 million cubic meters.

Domestic gas production covered 20% of consumption and imports accounted for the remaining 80% last year.

“Peak daily consumption last year was reached on January 7, at 55,537 cubic meters, with a daily average temperature of -5.7ºC [21.7ºF].”

ADVERTISEMENT

Nearly 18% of Polish firms plan investments in next 3 months... Analysis

Nearly 18% of Polish firms plan investments in next 3 months...

Lawmakers approve 2022 budget Parliament

Lawmakers approve 2022 budget

Duncan Graham reelected as BCCH president Appointments

Duncan Graham reelected as BCCH president

Chain Bridge to be closed for traffic for 18 months City

Chain Bridge to be closed for traffic for 18 months

SUPPORT THE BUDAPEST BUSINESS JOURNAL

Producing journalism that is worthy of the name is a costly business. For 27 years, the publishers, editors and reporters of the Budapest Business Journal have striven to bring you business news that works, information that you can trust, that is factual, accurate and presented without fear or favor.
Newspaper organizations across the globe have struggled to find a business model that allows them to continue to excel, without compromising their ability to perform. Most recently, some have experimented with the idea of involving their most important stakeholders, their readers.
We would like to offer that same opportunity to our readers. We would like to invite you to help us deliver the quality business journalism you require. Hit our Support the BBJ button and you can choose the how much and how often you send us your contributions.