Brazil’s Petrobras claims new natural gas reserve
Brazil’s state-owned oil and gas giant Petrobras on Friday claimed the discovery of an offshore natural gas reserve in the southeastern state of Espirito Santo.
The company said a well in the reserve, 3,378 meters deep in the Camarupim field and 37 km away from the coast, was drilled in the BM-ES-5 area, in which Petrobras holds a 65% stake, while the US company El Paso owns the remaining 35%. The company also announced the presence of good quality oil at a depth of 2,461 meters in the same field. The finding confirms that the Espirito Santo basin has more natural gas than initially estimated, possibly making it one of the top gas providers in the country by 2009, abreast with the Campos Basin in the state of Rio de Janeiro, according to the company. (people.com.cn)
SUPPORT THE BUDAPEST BUSINESS JOURNAL
Producing journalism that is worthy of the name is a costly business. For 27 years, the publishers, editors and reporters of the Budapest Business Journal have striven to bring you business news that works, information that you can trust, that is factual, accurate and presented without fear or favor.
Newspaper organizations across the globe have struggled to find a business model that allows them to continue to excel, without compromising their ability to perform. Most recently, some have experimented with the idea of involving their most important stakeholders, their readers.
We would like to offer that same opportunity to our readers. We would like to invite you to help us deliver the quality business journalism you require. Hit our Support the BBJ button and you can choose the how much and how often you send us your contributions.