MNB reshuffles stake in newly acquired Hanwha Bank Magyarország
The National Bank of Hungary (MNB) has given go-ahead to Hungary-based evopro Finance to acquire an 80.26% stake in Hanwha Bank Magyarország, a resolution of the central bank’s Financial Stability Council, published on the MNB website, shows.
The move came soon after evopro Holding, also registered in Hungary, acquired a 98.33% stake in Hanwha Bank Magyarország in September. According to the bank’s website, the remaining 1.67% of the shares is held by Fransa Holding S.A.L, based in Lebanon.
Hanwha Bank Hungary currently has registered capital of HUF 17 billion. Korea’s Hanwha group acquired its Hungarian unit through buying the shares of Bank Indosuez Magyarország in 1996.
Evopro Holding is Hungarian-owned and its main profile is industrial solutions and services.
SUPPORT THE BUDAPEST BUSINESS JOURNAL
Newspaper organizations across the globe have struggled to find a business model that allows them to continue to excel, without compromising their ability to perform. Most recently, some have experimented with the idea of involving their most important stakeholders, their readers.
We would like to offer that same opportunity to our readers. We would like to invite you to help us deliver the quality business journalism you require. Hit our Support the BBJ button and you can choose the how much and how often you send us your contributions.