Cornerstone laid for Budapest-Belgrade rail line upgrade

Transport

Photo by Show all / Shutterstock.com

The cornerstone for the Budapest-Belgrade railway line upgrade was laid in Kiskunhalas on Friday, according to a report by state news wire MTI.

Railways will clearly be in the focus of Hungary's transport development efforts in the next 10-15 years, with the upgrade and capacity expansion of the Budapest-Belgrade line as one of the priority investments, Minister of Innovation and Technology László Palkovics said at the ceremony.

Robert Homolya, CEO of state-owned railway company MÁV said the Hungarian state will finance 85% of the investment costs from credit and the remaining 15% from its own resources.

ADVERTISEMENT

Growth plans and inflation uncertainty in European companies Analysis

Growth plans and inflation uncertainty in European companies

Lawmakers postpone expanded data provision for tourism secto... Parliament

Lawmakers postpone expanded data provision for tourism secto...

MNB and Budapest Institute of Banking executive director Ger... Podcasts

MNB and Budapest Institute of Banking executive director Ger...

FINA head thanks Hungary for hosting 2022 worlds City

FINA head thanks Hungary for hosting 2022 worlds

SUPPORT THE BUDAPEST BUSINESS JOURNAL

Producing journalism that is worthy of the name is a costly business. For 27 years, the publishers, editors and reporters of the Budapest Business Journal have striven to bring you business news that works, information that you can trust, that is factual, accurate and presented without fear or favor.
Newspaper organizations across the globe have struggled to find a business model that allows them to continue to excel, without compromising their ability to perform. Most recently, some have experimented with the idea of involving their most important stakeholders, their readers.
We would like to offer that same opportunity to our readers. We would like to invite you to help us deliver the quality business journalism you require. Hit our Support the BBJ button and you can choose the how much and how often you send us your contributions.