Praktiker opens 20th store in Hungary

Retail

Do-it-yourself retail chain Praktiker today opened a 12,000 square-meter store in Budapest, which is the retailerʼs 20th and also the biggest in the country, according to reports. The chain is planning further openings in the coming years.

Praktiker’s newest store has been opened in the Váci Corner complex on Budapestʼs north-south Váci Corridor, responding to a pickup in the property market, said Managing Director Karl-Heinz Keth, who owns 25% of the home improvements company, according to Hungarian news agency MTI. The remaining 75% of the company is held by Hungaryʼs Wallis Asset Management. 

Praktikerʼs sales rose more than one-quarter to HUF 32.5 billion last year, according to MTI.

ADVERTISEMENT

Czech economic confidence weakens in September Analysis

Czech economic confidence weakens in September

Parl't extends pandemic legal provisions Parliament

Parl't extends pandemic legal provisions

Energy Efficiency: End-users, Energy Traders and Other Stake... Inside View

Energy Efficiency: End-users, Energy Traders and Other Stake...

Budapest bike-sharing scheme boasts record ridership City

Budapest bike-sharing scheme boasts record ridership

SUPPORT THE BUDAPEST BUSINESS JOURNAL

Producing journalism that is worthy of the name is a costly business. For 27 years, the publishers, editors and reporters of the Budapest Business Journal have striven to bring you business news that works, information that you can trust, that is factual, accurate and presented without fear or favor.
Newspaper organizations across the globe have struggled to find a business model that allows them to continue to excel, without compromising their ability to perform. Most recently, some have experimented with the idea of involving their most important stakeholders, their readers.
We would like to offer that same opportunity to our readers. We would like to invite you to help us deliver the quality business journalism you require. Hit our Support the BBJ button and you can choose the how much and how often you send us your contributions.