Széchenyi venture capital fund exits 20th investment

Deals

Széchenyi Capital Investment Fund (SZTA), a venture capital fund established by the state to support SMEs, has exited its 20th investment, selling a stake in pallet maker Baracsi-Paletta 97 ahead of schedule and at a better than planned yield, the fund told Hungarian news agency MTI today.

The fund invested HUF 98 million in the company in 2013. SZTA has invested almost HUF 13 billion in some 90 companies since 2015. About 85% of the capital SZTA invests comes from European Union funding, and the remaining 15% is from the Hungarian state.

According to its website, SZTA invests into micro-, small- and medium-sized companies which have been operating for at least two years, providing capital for technological developments, and the expansion of business activities serving as a base for growth, in turn for share acquisition.

ADVERTISEMENT

17% of homeowners plan renovations this year Analysis

17% of homeowners plan renovations this year

Meeting called to address Pegasus spyware lacks quorum  Parliament

Meeting called to address Pegasus spyware lacks quorum 

Skanska commercial dev unit names new EVP of operations Hung... Appointments

Skanska commercial dev unit names new EVP of operations Hung...

Zsa Zsa Gabor's ashes buried in Budapest City

Zsa Zsa Gabor's ashes buried in Budapest

SUPPORT THE BUDAPEST BUSINESS JOURNAL

Producing journalism that is worthy of the name is a costly business. For 27 years, the publishers, editors and reporters of the Budapest Business Journal have striven to bring you business news that works, information that you can trust, that is factual, accurate and presented without fear or favor.
Newspaper organizations across the globe have struggled to find a business model that allows them to continue to excel, without compromising their ability to perform. Most recently, some have experimented with the idea of involving their most important stakeholders, their readers.
We would like to offer that same opportunity to our readers. We would like to invite you to help us deliver the quality business journalism you require. Hit our Support the BBJ button and you can choose the how much and how often you send us your contributions.