Callipo meets Hungarian trade operators
Thanks to a number of meetings promoted by the Italian External Trade Commission office of Budapest with the local trade-operators, Callipo Conserve Alimentari, the Italian leader company in the tuna sector, will be able to take its first steps into the Hungarian market. Founded in 1913, Callipo became the first producer in Calabria and among the first in Italy to process the highly acclaimed Mediterranean tuna fish. Today the company produces high quality tuna in different sizes and packaging. The most prestigious products are the selected Fillets of Tuna packed by hand in glass-jar, but the company sells many different lines both in glass jars and in cans. To guarantee the best quality, the production cycle is completely made in the Callipo facility in Italy, starting from round tuna. A total of 7.000 tons of tuna is processed each year - 92% of what is sold in Italy, while the remaining 8% is sold throughout Europe, Australia, USA, Canada and Japan. The meetings between the Hungarians importers and distributors and the Callipo Export Manager, Miss Cinzia Romeo, will be held in Budapest, July 5-7.
SUPPORT THE BUDAPEST BUSINESS JOURNAL
Producing journalism that is worthy of the name is a costly business. For 27 years, the publishers, editors and reporters of the Budapest Business Journal have striven to bring you business news that works, information that you can trust, that is factual, accurate and presented without fear or favor.
Newspaper organizations across the globe have struggled to find a business model that allows them to continue to excel, without compromising their ability to perform. Most recently, some have experimented with the idea of involving their most important stakeholders, their readers.
We would like to offer that same opportunity to our readers. We would like to invite you to help us deliver the quality business journalism you require. Hit our Support the BBJ button and you can choose the how much and how often you send us your contributions.