Deutsche Bank buys 10% stake of Vietnamese bank
Deutsche Bank has purchased 10% stake of the Hanoi Housing Joint Stock Commercial Bank (Habubank), local newspaper Vietnam News reported Tuesday.
The German bank’s purchase has helped raise Habubank’s chartered capital to 1.4 trillion Vietnamese dong ($87.5 million) from 1.26 trillion VND (nearly $78.8 million). According to their recent strategic partnership deal, Deutsche Bank and Habubank will cooperate in supplying technical support and expertise in treasury and risk management, and seeking business opportunities in the fields of credit cards and investment products.
Under a decree issued by the Vietnamese government in April, a single foreign strategic investor can hold up to 15% stake in a Vietnamese bank, up from 10% previously. The decree leaves open the opportunity for the government to raise the limit to 20% on a case by case basis, but it still maintains the total foreign ownership cap at 30%. (people.com.cn)
SUPPORT THE BUDAPEST BUSINESS JOURNAL
Producing journalism that is worthy of the name is a costly business. For 27 years, the publishers, editors and reporters of the Budapest Business Journal have striven to bring you business news that works, information that you can trust, that is factual, accurate and presented without fear or favor.
Newspaper organizations across the globe have struggled to find a business model that allows them to continue to excel, without compromising their ability to perform. Most recently, some have experimented with the idea of involving their most important stakeholders, their readers.
We would like to offer that same opportunity to our readers. We would like to invite you to help us deliver the quality business journalism you require. Hit our Support the BBJ button and you can choose the how much and how often you send us your contributions.